Millers in Shanghai

Millers in Shanghai

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

February 2013: Birthdays, BYU and Braces...oh and a squirrel mask?

February is a birthday month for us. We celebrate two birthdays.  Lots of cake. As if I need an excuse to bake a cake. 
Luke with his beloved Mom and Dad.  
 Luke requested a cake I've never made before.  Chocolate Peanut Butter cake.  I found a recipe and oh my word!!  Best cake ever!  This has about passed up 'The Cake that Changed my Life' for Creed!  And hey, this is actually a decent birthday picture of all of us.  Something, you will note laterthat doesn't happen too often in this family!

 'Grant, what would you like for your birthday?'  'A squirrel mask.'  'Why?' I say with a totally confused look on my face.  'Um, because they are cool Mom!'  Like I should know that.

 Yup, and there it is.  Grant is known to have hidden in the tree in our front yard staring at cars as they pass by.  
 Grant, turning 15.
 This is how we look as Creed takes a gazillion 'practice' photos!  EVERYTIME!
 Just can't be serious.

 The only thing I have to say is what in the world is Creed doing?..and where did Luke go?
 Nash, on the day he found out he was accepted into BYU!  Go Cougars!

 Grant, before 
Grant after!  Those teeth cost us a fortune!  He better take care of them!