Millers in Shanghai

Millers in Shanghai

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Letter: 13 August 2006 - from the boys

Here are each of the boys' thoughts on the first few days of school:

Nash

Middle school seemed very fun and exciting in fifth grade. When I finally started school I was confused. I had no idea where anything was. I still get lost a lot. I have Spanish, Drama, and Strings as my classes and I have Math and English as my core classes. I love sixth grade so far. The food in the cafeteria is surprisingly fantastic. I am going to join the track team and compete against other schools as an endurance runner. Track is on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I am also going to join the drama club and go to Beijing to act. I hope I get a good spot in the play. MIDDLE SCHOOL IS GREAT.


Grant

I just started 3rd grade and my teacher’s name is Mrs. Buckley. She was born in Ireland and says she is from Australia. I like my new class. 3rd grade is a lot different from 2nd grade because in 3rd grade you play first then you eat lunch and in 2nd grade you eat first and then play. I have 17 people in my class and there are 10 girls and 7 boys. On Friday a new French kid came into my class and his name is Leonard. I miss my friends from last year, but I get to see them during lunch. Next Thursday is Indonesia’s Independence Day and I don’t have school on Thursday or Friday and the next Monday. In 3rd grade I am going to start on my school swimming team and play violin. I also want to play baseball.3RD GRADE IS GREAT!


Luke

I started 1st grade this week and my teacher is Mrs. Clark. She is from Australia. I really liked my trip to the US this summer and the sleepovers with my cousins.